The Awakening has begun…
Old World Studios™ is excited to announce that Riddle of the Sphinx™ The Awakening (HD Enhanced Edition) has been officially released and is live on Steam!
New to this release are these DLCs (expansion packs): Book of the Dead Ends™ in-game Hints & Solutions, Moonlight Exploration, and Gil’s Secret Library.
Enhanced edition gameplay features:
- Hours of challenging gameplay
- Complex puzzles and subtly hidden clues to challenge your skills
- Beautifully rendered 3D environments and scenes with meticulous attention to detail
- Cinematic animations and cut-scenes throughout the game
- Historical accuracy and real-world archaeological puzzle integration
- An original, richly orchestrated Egyptian soundtrack
- Over 50 million square feet of exploration
Enhanced edition engine features:
- HD resolution: every element has been HD enhanced
- Exceedingly fast navigation
- Cinematic transitions & node warping
- Real-time environmental FX: 4,500-year-old tomb dust, gnats, sand, bokeh, bubbles, etc.
- An innovative miniUI with interactive magnifying loupe.
- A new set of “Flying Scarab” cursors, along with legacy “hand” cursors
- A robust interactive in-game hint & solutions guide: Book of the Dead Ends™ (sold separately)
Background: Old World Studios, game development and publishing studio has released Riddle of the Sphinx™ The Awakening on Steam. The Riddle of the Sphinx game will be released for iOS and Android in the near future. The team behind the HD enhanced edition of Riddle of the Sphinx™ consists of:
- Charlie Tobler (lead software engineer/game developer)
- Christian Tobler (lead game developer/software engineer/foley artist/cg artist)
- Jeff Tobler (co-creator/director/developer/lead artist/music/programming)
- Karen Tobler (co-creator/director/art direction/marketing)
- Marta Tobler (packaging/fulfillment/art direction)